Monday, August 1, 2016

What on earth have I been up to?

I have been working on several things recently that aren't watercolor. I have been doing some embroidery, cutting lino blocks for block prints and have done a little bit of watercolor in the form of more mail art.

I will share the watercolor art first because it's been what I have focused on the least. These are the fronts and backs of envelopes. Check out my previous mail art post for more about these envelopes! 

 This is my May envie done in the style of Japanese wood block prints




 
This is another May envelope which was my idea of what Snoopy and Woodstock would look like a little less stylized and cartoony.















This is the front and back of my June Envelope. Obviously Casablanca themed done in gouache and ink. I had some struggles but finished it.









 And finally my July envie. My partner asked for something to do with bees. The front has the bee and the back is the flowers.
















 I'm going to end this post here and post another with all my other art. As always, ask questions, leave comments, tell me I am wrong, tell me you are wrong, tell me about life and love. Just tell me all of that below in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. They are all beautiful, I just love the japanese woodcut style envie. Please share your embroidery and lino cuts as well please. You are too talented to hide your work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Gem! I will be sharing the embroidery soon. :)

      Delete