Monday, May 22, 2017

More Mail Art

(As I work on these new posts I wanted to update with posts that are more or less chronologically accurate. I created all of these pieces before last January.)

Here are all the mail art envelopes that I haven't uploaded to share. I created all of them for swap partners and they are all made out of gouache and ink on watercolor paper. Still haven't found watercolor envelopes that I like so I'm still going the handmade route. Again apologies for weird blurring on the envelopes, they were actually mailed and I would prefer not to reveal folks addresses. Maybe one day I will learn to take pictures before putting the addresses on.


Front of Envelope


 
Back of Envelope

This envelope is from last Septembers(!!) trade, it's obviously based off of the original ink illustrations from Alice in Wonderland.



Front of Envelope
Back of Envelope

This is the envelope from my October Swap, I particularly like this one because it's of one of my favorite natural phenomenon, the Aurora.



e
Front of Envelope

You'd scream too if you had 3 children!
Back of Envelope
 This is Novembers envelope. Obviously of Munch's The Scream. The person I made this for had 3 kids and enjoys that piece of art which is the reason for the characters on the back.


Front of Envelope

Back of Envelope
This final envelope is the one from December. The person I was trading with has a love of chickens so the gauntlet was set.

I haven't done an envelope since then (read last post as to why), and I hope to get back in the swing of mail art again very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment